Monday 16 May 2011

Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

When I switched to coconut oil for nearly all cooking back in Feb the only source I could find was Nissin World Delicatessen's Omega Nutrition Coconut Oil. It's over 2,000 yen for a small tub and I wasn't convinced that it was the best item on Omega Nutritions product list. I looked at their website and they have all sorts of 'virgin' or 'organic' products and this product that I bought was not listed.

2 tubs of this stuff later and my Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil arrived from bodybuilding.com. It cost 1,400 yen, you get more and the first thing I noticed is that it smells like coconut! (Omega Nutrition Coconut Oil has no smell). When it's in the pan as well, there's a coconut smell going on. I love coconut so I love this.

On the whole very pleased with the purchase. It's just a shame bodybuilding.com shipping takes so long to get to Japan.

1 comment:

LuxeBC said...

Nutiva Coconut Oil is one of the market leaders in the Coconut Oil. I use it as a substitute to butter for cooking and baking. There are other U.K. based website that have good delivery times to Japan. Just try another company the oil is pretty much the same price everywhere.