Friday 25 February 2011

vitargo

I was looking for a Maltodextrin supplement and this was the closest I could get. I tried loading carbs with it and it made me feel good running the next day.
I mixed at super high concentrations which made it gloopy and sicky, but I just wanted to down it and get the carbs in. 50g of carbs per packet took packets 2 at a time, 4 times over the course of one day, then one more pack in the morning followed by shotz every 30 minutes during a 28km run. Felt fine, the only noticeable affect was that I wasn't as tired as usual.

I'd recommend it but its just a tool to drink more carbs because its impossible to eat 800g of carbs in a day through refined carb foods.

I'd like to try some other brands next time I prepare for an endurance event in order to compare.

No comments: