Wednesday 16 February 2011

Purple Wraath

Purple Wraath: Ergogenic Essential Amino Acid Matrix
Link to Maker's Site

Here's the blurb:
Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy. Purple Wraath was created to be the most complete EAA/BCAA product on the market; keeping your body in a constant anabolic state and keeping you training hard with its added super endurance complex. 



I've been getting tired of necking 10g of BCAA before fasted workouts on the leangains plan, they come in small 5g packets, it's expensive, and fails to mix in water. Reading through Martin Berkham's recommendations have decided to switch to Purple Wraath. It works out cheaper to buy in a big tub, mixes well in water, and "It contains beta-alanine as well, which gives me a nice little tingle and also seems to aid a bit with intra-set recovery and muscle endurance in the higher rep ranges" . The tin said to try half a scoop first time and see how it goes. I did that today before working out and I felt fine through the whole workout. My 5 rep max squat went up by 2kg and I also marginally improved my 5 rep max push press. Felt wasted as usual during the met-con, but that's what met-cons are for. Lemonade flavour tastes great and mixed in water easily. I could drink that on the cycle to the gym rather than necking it and wincing. Also when I switch to the new leangains PM eating plan next month I'll need an easy BCAA drink for mid-morning.

Will update on Friday when I try a full scoop.

No comments: