Friday 14 September 2012

Do Stiff Muscles Mean Better Muscle Growth?


If I haven't trained for over 2 weeks and then go to the gym, for the next few days I have really sore Delayed Onset Muscle Stiffness (DOMS).

Psychologically it feels like I've severely damaged my muscles which will cause a massive amount of recovery and be much more beneficial than the day in day out usual training.

Which causes more muscle growth?
1) I am on week 4 of a linear squat progression increasing 5kg per week doing sets of 3x5 and feeling no DOMS whatsoever, resting 1 week between squatting and hitting other muscle groups on separate training days.

2) I've done nothing for 2 weeks, hit the gym and do a set of 3x5 squats, wake up in the morning unable to walk properly. Need at least 4 days off training.

No comments: